Monday, March 11, 2013

Awaken.

It's done!  I finished it up last night and frankly I am thrilled.  It amazes me how each time I work on something I have absolutely no idea how it will work out until, well..., until it works out.  People always ask me if I have a plan before I get started on a project and the answer is a pretty fuzzy one.  Yes, I have a general idea - such as a subject matter - but it is extremely basic.  Once I start laying paper, ideas just come and the picture always takes off in another direction than originally intended.  I am always surprised by the outcome.  When I first get a look at a finished piece I am startled by it because it really is as if someone else created it.  Funny.

Once again this work is inspired by a quote that I enjoyed and will be the first in a series along a similar theme.

"There is only one time when it is essential to awaken.  That time is now."  -Buddha



11 x 14"











No comments:

Post a Comment